Hybrid Archos7 custom firmware 6 beta
THIS ONLY WORKS WITH THE 2.0 VERSION OF THE aPAD (THE ONE WITH A WEBCAM). DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM ON A VERSION 1.0 aPAD (WITHOUT WEBCAM).
This is a custom firmware based on hellomerongs custom fw and the latest Archos7HT firmware release, version test-3.5. Archos parts are: Launcher.apk, framework files, media players.
This is the beta version of the next release. Brave souls should try this out and post which bugs are still there and which are new.
* Working recovery (thanks fun_)
* uses m1/smartPad stuff as much as possible, so should be snappier (thanks darexius for experimenting)
Just flash as usual, but you have to come from 5.1 or kangxau rom. The update should keep your settings and flash. I had a problem with the launcher crashing on me once on the first launch, but rebooting fixed it. This did not always happen, so please report.
new in 5.1
* Wake-up issue fixed
* "Display turns off when trying to shut down" issue fixed
* 300 mb size for apps (thanks xaueious)
* Home key mapped to back (thanks xaueious)
* Adblock using host file (thanks xaueious)
* Removed everything (IME/apps) except media players/browser/gapps
* Starts up in english (thanks fun_)
* Rotating launcher (thanks again xaueious)
* Other stuff.
* READ INSTALL NOTES!
INSTALL NOTES FOR 5.1
This release changes the size of some partitions, so you will lose all your apps, data and the files you have on your aPad (not on the sdcard), so back them up if they are important!
If you are coming from the kangxau rom you will NOT lose your files, but you will lose your apps. I switched to xaueious partition layout in this release so that our roms are compatible in the future.
As the partition layout is changed, you will have to reformat the internal flash. Just connect the aPad to your computer, choose the second drive that comes up and format when Windows asks you to. This will only need to be done once. Again, if you are coming from xaueious rom this is not necessary
In the future, it should be possible to update without losing any settings or apps.
new in 4.5
* 611 kernel, mic works now.
new in 4.1
* Media now works from internal flash, sdcard and usb.
New in test 3.5
* Full screen works in all programs (thanks to hellomerong!)
New in test 3:
* Portrait mode works as expected!
New in test 2:
* Based on hellomerongs fw, so has root and all the nice apps he added
* Added Simeji (Japanese IME)
* Replaced media players with the Archos files.
New in test 1:
* Seem a bit faster
* Launcher looks a bit nicer
* Apps can run in real landscape mode (see Robo Defense screenshot)
* Droid Comic Viewer works, did not work for me on the original firmware
Features of base:
* USB Mass Storage
* Everything you would expect from hellomerongs custom fw
What is worse:* Main button only switches display off. To switch on, use the menu button.
* After sleeping a long time, the display will not switch on just by pressing the menu button. Press the main button followed by the menu button to wake up
[s]* No real fullscreen. As you can see on the screenshot, the menu is always visible. EDIT: Menu is NOT shown when playing movies using the Video Player. So fullscreen works for Video![/s] Fixed in 3.5
[s]* Some apps are upside down when in portrait mode, i.e. Gmail. Comic Viewer works as expected, though.[/s] FIXED in 3
*6 beta http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/dow ... file&id=50
*5.1 http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/dow ... file&id=46
*Test 3 Full update.img
*Test 4 * This should work, but no guarentees, so flash on your own risk.
how to install:http://www.jiongtang.com/blog/html/mid/ ... eview.html
from slatedroid.com by rogerbraun